The space-saving Inspiron 660s comes standard with wireless card, USB 3.0 and HDMI to help you quickly connect to your camera, MP3 player, printer and other devices
Inspiron 660s (i660s-4615BK) at a glance...
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® G645 (2.90 GHz, 3MB Cache)
- Operating system: Windows® 8 Home (English), 64-bit
- Memory (RAM): 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1600 MHz)
- Storage (hard drive): 1TB SATA (7200 RPM), 3.5"
- Optical drive: Tray Load Drive, 16x DVD+RW
- Video graphics: Integrated Intel® HD Graphics
- Media card reader: 8-in-1
- Audio: Integrated 5.1 audio
- Preinstalled software: McAfee® SecurityCenter (30-day trial), CMS - Cyberlink Media Suite Essentials
- Included hardware: Dell USB keyboard and USB optical mouse (wired)
i660s-4615BK datasheet
(PDF, 1.37MB)
(PDF, 1.37MB)
Photo Gallery
With so many on offer these days, it is great to have a name you can trust. This item is certainly that and will be a perfect buy. The distributor have added some great touches and this equals great value.
You can trust this review, i hope you can try to buy this product and then you know this product good or no. Next time you can make a review for another people.
Excellent value for the money!
I am amazed at how the price of desktop computers has dropped over the last several years. I bought this one to replace my 5 year old Dell Inspiron. My old PC has 2GB RAM, and only 60GB hard drive and I paid over $800 for it then. Now, I got this new Dell with 4GB RAM and 1TB hard drive for almost half the price. More computer for less money. Amazing how things change so quickly in the PC world. When I bought this, the price was $348, but it looks like they've raised the price since then. As of this writing the price is $419.
This PC works great. Start up is very fast, probably under a minute. It runs very quiet, which I like very much. It does have a vertical style disc drive, which I'm not big fan of, however I rarely use CDs in my computer so it's not a big deal for me. Based on reading other reviews, it seems like that is a deal breaker for some people, so make your decision accordingly. This PC is very compact, standing at just under 11 inches high, 4 inches wide, and...
Click here to read the full review for more information about this product.
Big bang for the Buck
First off, I was reluctant to buy a new computer, since Windows 8 seemed to be all that was available on new PCs, and the reviews were not the best. This machine can't be beat, for the price I paid ($316 from Dell, w/govt. employee discount). It's compact, quiet and quick. Something I found out later, is that if you buy with the OS upgraded to Windows 8 pro, Microsoft will downgrade it for you, with no charge, to Windows 7, until you are ready to upgrade back to Windows 8 (no charge again). So far, I have no complaints with the machine. Windows 8, however, takes some getting used to. It seems Microsoft is no longer interested in letting you use your computer the way you want, and instead, would like you to do things the way they want. Win8 has no support for pop email, so, if you're like me and still use your years old email server, you'll have to do some tweaking, or, find another email program to download. I'm not interested in everything being "Cloud" based.
A few quirks, but so far great
It seems to work great (I've had it a few weeks now). It's nice and small and not terribly noisy, and quite speedy. I use mainly iTunes, Chrome and Picasa, and they all see to work nicely in Windows 8. I can be booted up and into (using) Chrome in less than a minute...sometimes less than 30 seconds.
A couple things I find mildly annoying:
-iPod (clickwheel, 30 gb) is recognized but not charged via USB
-I don't like vertical CD drives
-The card reader seems tight...hard on my little camera memory card?
In other news, Windows 8 is fine, especially when in desktop mode (so it feels like 7)...I'm not a tablet person.
Product Features :
- Intel Pentium G645 Processor (2.90 GHz)
- 4GB DDR3
- 1TB (7200 RPM) Hard Drive
- Windows 8
Rating : 3.8
List Price : $440.00
0 comments:
Post a Comment