Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Yamaha HTR-6240BL 525-Watt 5-Channel Home Theater Receiver
Yamaha HTR-6240BL 525 Watt 5-Channel Home Theater Receiver
With so many on offer these days, it is great to have a name you can trust. This item is certainly that and will be a perfect buy. The distributor have added some great touches and this equals great value.
You can trust this review, i hope you can try to buy this product and then you know this product good or no. Next time you can make a review for another people.

Versatile receiver for HD and music - Good Value
I've had the RX-v465 for over a month now, so i've had plenty of time to get comfortable with the receiver. I purchased this b/c it seemed like the best value. My major goals were to find a receiver that had HDMI vid and audio pass-thru and had good quality cd music output - and the rx-v465 delivered!

PROS:
I used the mic to auto-calibrate the sound quality - very easy (do this before using it). CDs (analog) sound great and digital audio sounds even better. The sound settings are great: it has several sound enhancer settings for a full/modern sound and even a 'direct' mode where the receiver uses the minimum electronics to provide a pure (almost vinyl) sound. These settings are easy to access once you get comfortable with the remote.

It has plenty of inputs for all of your older (rca) and newer (HDMI) devices. For TV, I run my comcast dvr box via an hdmi cable to the receiver, then run an hdmi from the receiver to the tv. For dvd, i run hdmi to the receiver...

Click here to read the full review for more information about this product.


More Than I Expected
This receiver does everything I want it to, and then after carefully reading the manual, I realized it does a few other things that I was pleased about.

The best surprise was discovering this receiver has a HDMI pass-through capability. In a lot of cases when we watch TV, we are fine with the TV speakers. Don't really want to fire up the whole system just to watch the weather. I was intending to run the HDMI from the cable set top box directly to the TV and then running a digital optical from the set top box to the receiver. With the pass -through, I can just run an HDMI from set top box to receiver. The down side with the pass-through is you have to remember to switch to the HDMI input needed for pass-through before turning off the receiver.

Here is some clarification on Straight and Direct modes. From reading the manual, I thought the subwoofer would not be employed. I have a subwoofer hooked up to LFE, Bass Management set to SWFR, and front speakers set to...
High Hopes Dashed Easily - HDMI problem
When I set out to buy a receiver, I almost instantly settled on the Yamaha brand because of its excellent reputation and the fact I could sync up my lap top to it to play music through the bluetooth device (Yamaha YBA-10WH Bluetooth Wireless Audio Receiver for Select Yamaha Home Theater Receivers). My media center is also fully enclosed so I didn't want a unit that would run hot. I wasn't terribly concerned with format decoding or watts because I was using a DVD player that did all the decoding and I wasn't using overwhelming speakers (Harman Kardon HKTS-18 5.1 Channel Speaker System).

My problem - the unit refuses to cooperate with my HD DVR cable box that was provided to me courtesy of Time Warner. It is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HDC. There is some problem with the HDMI "handshake" between the two units where the...
Yamaha HTR-6240BL 525-Watt 5-Channel Home Theater Receiver Yamaha HTR-6240BL 525-Watt 5-Channel Home Theater Receiver
Product Features :
  • 5-channel 525W powerful surround sound (105W x 5)
  • 1080p-Compatible HDMI 1.3
  • Bluetooth music streaming using Yamaha YBA-10 Bluetooth Audio Receiver
  • Connect an iPod using Yamaha YDS-10SL Universal iPod Dock

Rating : 4.1
List Price : $379.95

Available at Amazon : Check Saved Price Now !


0 comments:

Post a Comment